We are renovating Science Station!
Support the renovation of one of LASM's hands-on children's galleries! Science Station will be transformed into The Seed, a STEAM-based creator space for children, families, and students where art and science connect.
With your help, The Seed will be a STEAM-based creator space where art and science connect. By renovating Science Station, LASM will create an inclusive new space for families, children, and students to:
* engage with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics)-based concepts through innovative hands-on activities and exhibits
* explore the wonders of the natural and man-made world
* develop 21st century skills, becoming our next generation of artists and scientists
* experience empathy for the living world
THE SEED WILL BE:
* a "living lab" of creativity, imagination, and innovation
* focused on engaging the 6-year-old to 12-year-old audience
* curated by LASM in collaboration with our vibrant Baton Rouge community
* story-driven and artifact-based, using LASM's collection in engaging new ways
* a STEAM-based space for creators, makers, tinkerers, and nature lovers to connect